A few years ago I was diagnosed with hashimoto's by blood test.. 2 days ago I took another test & the nurse said my thyroid is fine. Is this possible?

Dr. James Chu
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology

In brief: Yes, different tests

Hashimoto's disease refers to the most common form of autoimmune thyroid disease, and is diagnosed by high levels of anti-thyroglobulin or anti-tpo antibodies.
Hashimoto's leads to the most common form of hypothyroidism. It is possible to have early hashimoto's , and not yet have hypothyroidism --- antibodies levels are high, but thyroid function is still normal. This seems to be your case.

In brief: Yes, different tests

Dr. James Chu
Dr. James Chu
Dr. Elizabeth Black

In brief: Hashimoto's

Yes, absolutely. However, this does not mean that your issue has resolved permanently and that you don't or won't need treatment.
Thyroid disease is actually fairly complicated and there are many variations. Hashimoto's is well known for the levels varying over time. This should be closely monitored by your family physician.

In brief: Hashimoto's

Dr. Elizabeth Black
Dr. Elizabeth Black
Dr. William Forsythe