What is the best treatment for head lice?

Thorough de-lousing! With head lice, wash the hair with shampoo containg lice killing medication, usually malathion. That should kill lice but not all the eggs (nits). Wash all bedding and clothing with hot water & detergent to kill lice/eggs. Comb hair with nit comb twice daily for two weeks to prevent recurrence. Check: center for disease control's website: http://www. Cdc. Gov/parasites/lice/head/treatment. Html.
Several. There are many medications that can be used for head lice. For resistant cases, a mixture of 1/2 mayonaise and 1/2 vaseline, left on the head all night and then washed out with dishwashing detergent may work where other treatments did not.