My two year old has a 102 temp..His dr said not to let him eat until its down...Thoughts on this?

Dr. Gregory Hines

In brief: Tylenol/Motrin

I would give him tylenol (acetaminophen) and motrin, alternating every 4 hours, and he can eat as long as he is not nauseated.

In brief: Tylenol/Motrin

Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Gregory Hines
Dr. Glenn Skow

In brief: Don't eat?

Your doctor has the benefit of having seen your son and may have reasons for that advice, but usually we try to encourage hydration when sick.
If he's been vomiting then perhaps your doctor might have meant to avoid heavy foods. It's hard to say without the full history and exam. Hydration however is key and motrin/tylenol for the fever as needed.

In brief: Don't eat?

Dr. Glenn Skow
Dr. Glenn Skow
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine