If I had a previous post term pregnancy, should I schedule a c-section for my current pregnancy?

Dr. Alan Patterson
In brief: ????
Was your 1st pregnancy a vaginal delivery , because if it was your doc would not schedule a csection unless you have a specific issue that would prevent or make a trial of labor and vag delivery contraindicated, you can be scheduled to be induced as the ideal time for the baby to be delivered is 39-40 weeks according to a large recent study, if u had a previous c-sec then u can schedule a repeat.

In brief: ????
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Alan Patterson
Dr. Amy Herold
In brief: No
A previous post-dates pregnancy does not require a cesarean section.
You may need an induction of labor though if your pregnancies tend to run past your due date, these are usually done after 41 or 41.5 weeks.

In brief: No
Dr. Amy Herold
Dr. Amy Herold
Dr. Jane Van Dis