I had a protein level of 8.3 in my blood. Also had ketones in my urine, uti, seizure at the time of blood work. What can be some causes?

Dr. Tarek Naguib
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Dehydration is one

Although it shouldn't cause seizure it causes high protein in blood and ketones.
Especially when associated with much alcohol or severe dieting. Of course diabetes is another cause but you would've known it by now. Also, urine sepsis could cause this bec of urine and blood infections cause nausea and vomiting and dehydration. Other rare conditions include myeloma but i doubt.

In brief: Dehydration is one

Dr. Adam Levy