I had mono last year could I possibly be getting it again?

Dr. Daniel Konold
In brief: Maybe
Mono tends to wax and wane.
The most common symptom is feeling "wiped out". Take a multivitamin daily, proper sleep habits, mild exercise all help. Don't burn the candle at both ends.

In brief: Maybe
Mono tends to wax and wane.
Dr. Daniel Konold
Dr. Daniel Konold
Garrett Caldwell
Mono is caused by the epstein barr virus.
You never truly get rid of this virus, it just lies dormant in the cells of your body. If you are starting to have the fatigue, sore throat and swollen lymph nodes again you could be having a recurrence of the infections. This could, however, just be another small infection.

Garrett Caldwell
Garrett Caldwell
Answer assisted by Garrett Caldwell, Medical Student
Dr. Ralph Morgan Lewis
There are blood tests that can tell whether you have active Ebstein-Barr infection. If you have pain in left abdomen, have your FP check for spleen enlargement.
Dr. Cindy Juster