What should I do if I've had my period for a month, now an I am usin the progestin only pill?

Dr. Timothy Gorski

In brief: Maybe nothing

That's a commom side-effect of the progestin-only pill.
It doesn't hurt you and doesn't mean the pill is not working. But progestin-only pills are only about as effective as condoms, so it might be time to consider using a different form of contraception. Iud's are also great while breastfeeding.

In brief: Maybe nothing

Dr. Timothy Gorski
Dr. Timothy Gorski
Dr. Sara O'Heron

In brief: Progestin only pill

Progestin only pill is usually used only while breast feeding.
.It has a lower efficacy than other oral contraceptives so use condoms also. All Progesterone based contraception has potential for prolonged irregular bleeding. If this persists it is advisable to change to a method that has an estrogen component, unless you are breast feeding. Infection and uterine problems can also cause bleeding !

In brief: Progestin only pill

Dr. Sara O'Heron
Dr. Sara O'Heron
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham