I have diarrhea for about two weeks, doctor gave me some antibiotics and probiotics and it hasnt gone away. What should I do?

Dr. Frederick Shieh
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology

In brief: Stool testing

You may need more tests of your stool to rule out infections.
If negative, sometimes a colonoscopy can help figure out the problem. A good clinical history is most important though and should be done by your gastroenterologist or primary care provider.

In brief: Stool testing

Dr. Frederick Shieh
Dr. Frederick Shieh
Dr. Sara O'Heron

In brief: Prolonged diarrhea

Its important to find the cause.
Get tested by your doctor. A stool sample sent for ova and parasites, bacteria, and chlostridium would be initial testing to find out if you have been exposed to pathogens that can come from well water , travellers bacteria, food or certain antibiotics. If this is all negative see a gastroenterologist to seek other causes like inflammatory bowel, ibs, etc.

In brief: Prolonged diarrhea

Its important to find the cause.
Dr. Sara O'Heron
Dr. Sara O'Heron
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine