Alot of my family apart from my mom have suffered from depression at some point I have a little does this mean its inevetable that I will?

Dr. Glenn Skow
In brief: No
It is not inevitable.
While genetics do play a role and increases your risk for developing depression, it does not mean you will necessarily develop it.

In brief: No
It is not inevitable.
Dr. Glenn Skow
Dr. Glenn Skow
Dr. Daniel McGee
As Dr. Dean Ornish says, Your genes are not your fate. A couple of things one can do to help decrease risk of episodes of depression is to keep a regular exercise routine with a goal of 4 to 6 days a week for 30 to 45 minutes, and also take a fish oil supplement up to 3,000mg of Omega 3's containing EPA and DHA. These two things have been shown to decrease symptoms of depression in many cases.
Dr. Kimberly Erway
In brief: Prevent It!
While there is no full-prrof way to prevent depression if you are genetically predisposed, there are a number of things you can do to try to prevent it from developing.
One: get on a routine and stick to it, and get good, healthy, consistent sleep. Keep your weight in check. Get daily aerobic exercise. Take a multivitamin daily and ensure that your vitamin d and vitamin b levels are good!

In brief: Prevent It!
Dr. Kimberly Erway
Dr. Kimberly Erway