I have very thick excessive oily skin. How frequently we can do glycolic 50% peeling at home?

Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Weekly

A 50% glycolic peel is fairly safe to perform weekly.
Be cautious not to leave the agent in contact with the skin too long as burning and flakiness/peeling of the skin may result.

In brief: Weekly

Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Dr. Bryan McIntosh
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dermatology

In brief: GLYCOLIC PEELS

30% glycolic acid peels can often be done every week or every two weeks depening on how the first one has reacted and how oily the skin is.
I don't think i would try the 50% peel at first.

In brief: GLYCOLIC PEELS

Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Jerome Litt
Dr. Frederick Coville
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Why choose this?

Although i understand that you may be getting some improvement with these home peels, you really just making it look better for a short period of time.
I would suggest seeing a facial skin expert (plastic surgeon or dermatologist) with an interest in this particular issue. We can do a great deal to decrease oil production with topical & even low dose oral medications in addition to peels, etc.

In brief: Why choose this?

Dr. Frederick Coville
Dr. Frederick Coville
Dr. Otto Placik
Surgery - Plastics

In brief: Glycolic peels

This can be a very potent peel with serious side effects if not performed properly.
I would not do this without supervision. Gerally speaking we will perform a series of six treatments and then monitor response. Strict sun exposure is recommended.

In brief: Glycolic peels

Dr. Otto Placik
Dr. Otto Placik