I was recently diagnosed with degenerative disc disease and was told there's no treatment. Is there anything to alleviate the extreme pain associated?

DDD. Whomever told you that you have ddd may have missed the problem. Extreme pain in a young person from "ddd" is rare. If "ddd" is multiple levels, you have scheuermann's disease most likely. If single level, you likely have some sort of instability or stress fracture, infection, or other abnormality. I would suggest another opinion before i relegated myself to this diagnosis the rest of my life.
Degenerative disc di. Whoever told you that there is no treatment for degenerative disc disease is wrong. There are several treatment options available for degenerative disc disease although it is not curative. You should consult an orthopedic spine specialist or a neurosurgeon and get an evaluation done.. Remember to bring your previous imaging studies like MRI or ct scan with you when coming for consultation.