My 18mo old has had chronic diahrrea for 6 mos.One ped. Test for cdiff&it came back positive.Another ped says is impossible to have. Who do I believe?

In brief: C.diff

C. Diff is a definite cause of diarrhea, especially if recent antibiotics.
I doubt if this is the cause of the chronic course. There are other causes taht need to be looked into, especially if your child is not gaining, or is losing, weight.

In brief: C.diff

Dr. Anthony LaBarbera
Dr. Anthony LaBarbera

In brief: Toddler' diarrhea!!

It could be toddler's diarrhea, if she is active, happy and growing with no blood or mucous in the stool or greasy stool.
Limit fruit juice, sport drinks and cola and other high carbohydrate drinks.

In brief: Toddler' diarrhea!!

Dr. Prakash Bhoopalam
Dr. Prakash Bhoopalam

In brief: C. diff diarrea

C. Diff diarrea is common in toddlers especially after several courses of antibiotic.

In brief: C. diff diarrea

Dr. Lana Yanishevski
Dr. Lana Yanishevski
Dr. Cindy Juster