Why does my lower back hurt when I drink alcahol?

Dr. Julie Stevens

In brief: Several possibilites

Your body objects to processing alcohol.
Pain is meant to tell us something is amiss. This could be expressed as referred pain from your stomach, liver and/or kidneys. Worth a visit to your doc to get lab work (liver function), physical exam and discuss any other symptoms going on. More diagnostic info is needed to be able to comment in any more detail.

In brief: Several possibilites

Dr. Julie Stevens
Dr. Julie Stevens
Dr. Charles Cattano
Has your pancreas been evaluated?
Dr. Brian Lynch

In brief: Back pain and drinking

Hello , i'm sorry you're having trouble .
I cannot make any connect any direct connection between your back and and drinking. We need a lot more specifics :where in your back? How many times has this happened? Are you doing anything else while drinking? How much did you drink?

In brief: Back pain and drinking

Dr. Brian Lynch
Dr. Brian Lynch