Why do I get UTI every time I have sex?

Dr. Danny Proffitt

In brief: Try vaseline

If you are not usinig condoms (don't use vaseline with latex condoms), a trick to try is to place a "glob" of vaselinie over the opening to your urethra prior to sex.
Sort of push in a bit as you place the "glob" over the opening. This will add a barrier to keep bacteria from being milked up into the bladder during intercourse. Of course void after sex and drinks plenty of water. Just a tip!

In brief: Try vaseline

Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. Danny Proffitt
Dr. S. Yvonne Conner
General Practice

In brief: Voiding after sex.

I presume you are a female.
After intercourse it is important that you go to the bathroom and empty your bladder. Not doing so along with strong drinks like coffee and sodas, wiping up when you urinate and holding your urine too long are all risk factors for a urinary tract infection. Limit coffee and sodas, eliminate all together is best. Respond to the urge to go to the bathroom.

In brief: Voiding after sex.

I presume you are a female.
Dr. S. Yvonne Conner
Dr. S. Yvonne Conner
Dr. Jane Van Dis