What is avascular necrosis of hip and knee?

Bone Destruction. Avascular necrosis means there is no blood getting to a particular body part. Our body parts need blood to survive, including bones (bones are living tissue). Necrosis refers to the dying of cells that make up that body part. Avascular necrosis of the hip & knee means there is no blood getting to them & they are being destroyed.
Bone death. Avn is caused by a disrupted blood supply to the bone. Bone is living tissue. Without a proper blood supply it dies.
Usually is dead bone. Avascular necrosis occur when the ciculation to a particular area of the bone is interrupted.Must common areas are the hip joint(the ball) and the knee.However can occur in any bone that the blood supply have being interrupted.Usual culprits are trauma(fractures or dislocations)diseases such as sicle cell .Dr p seni.
Lack of blood supply. When the bones that form the joint lose their blood supply, for one reason or another, that is called avascular necrosis.
Bone death. Avascular necrosis is when the bone is no longer receiving adequate blood supply, usually due to a fracture injuring the blood vessels. When this occurs, the bone dies. This is common with hip fractures and once this occurs; the hip needs to be replaced. I'm sure this can occur with the knee but it is much less common.