Why is there a hole in my wisdom tooth extraction site one week after procedure?

Quite Common. Sockets from wisdom teeth extractions heal from the inside out so it is quite common for there to be a 'hole' one week post extraction. Often times the lower wisdom teeth sockets have to be washed out to remove any debris about a week after the extraction. If the area is hurting or swollen i would recommend contacting your dentist and ask if a post-op check is indicated.
Because. Clot probably washed out. Unless symptomatic, don't worry. Just keep it clean and it will eventually fill in.
Healing. If there is no other symptoms like pain for example, it's normal and healing. Some times it takes several weeks for an extraction site to close completely. They heal from bottom up.
Still healing. Because it generally takes longer than one week for the socket to be covered by surrounding gum tissue and fill in with new tissue. It actually takes about 6 to 8 weeks for bone to fill in underneath the covering gum tissue. Keep the area clean meanwhile and call your dentist if you have any pain or unusual systems. Otherwise, the socket will heal over time.
Tissue granulation. After the extraction, if no infection occur, tissue will begin to migrate down the extraction socket with granulation tissue fills in and eventually replaced by bone. The process may take up to 3 months to completely fill the hole. Within one week, we should expect a nice clot with granulation tissue fills and no pain.