My 21 month old hit his head about 2 months ago a knot is still there, should I be worried?

Dr. Timothy Ashley
Internal Medicine & Pediatrics
In brief: Probably not
This is likely a slowly resolving hematoma, which is a blood collection under the skin, basically a significant bruise.
Generally in children this old there will not be health consequences, but if the lump calcifies and hardens, it can be present for months or longer. Typically a cosmetic issue more than anything.

In brief: Probably not
Dr. Timothy Ashley
Dr. Timothy Ashley
In brief: No, don't worry
A lot of times bruises get calcified (calcium deposits) and it forms a knot.
It usually takes 6-9 months to resolve completely.

In brief: No, don't worry
Dr. Lana Yanishevski
Dr. Lana Yanishevski
Dr. Lynn Keefe
In brief: Head injury
No. If he has not had any symptoms for 2 months, the lump is probably just a resolving hematoma or bruise which will be reabsorbed slowly.

In brief: Head injury
Dr. Lynn Keefe
Dr. Lynn Keefe
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine