Can I give my baby gatorade to treat dehydration?

In brief: Yes & no

The gatoraid by itself is not designed for babies & is generally too sugary & concentrated for them.I sometimes recommend its use in kids over 6m mixed half & half with water until parents can get another product.
Products like pedialyte are lytren are more suited for infants.

In brief: Yes & no

In brief: No

For babies who need hydration support i recommend using pedialyte or a similar product.
This is absorbed much more readily than gatorade which has a much higher sugar content.For older children i often recommend using gatorade or other sports drink to flavor the unflavored pedialyte if it makes it more tolerable to drink.

In brief: No

Dr. Scott J. Wolfson
Dr. Scott J. Wolfson
Dr. Cindy Juster