Since birth my 6 month old doesn't burp much when she is nursed, but she will fart a lot. Does farting get gas and air bubbles out the same way?

Dr. Subir Mitra
In brief: No
Much better and more efficient to lose gas bubbles by burping.
Lower abdominal gas is also much more uncomfortable.

In brief: No
Dr. Subir Mitra
Dr. Subir Mitra
Dr. Helaine Levine
In brief: 10
Most nursed babies don't get a lot of extra air because unlike bottles the is no air trapped in the breast.
Occasionally a baby will snort air through the nose and sound like a piglet when nursing. Gas can also be passed from below. As long as the baby is not fussy you do not need to worry.

In brief: 10
Dr. Helaine Levine
Dr. Helaine Levine
Dr. Glenn Skow
In brief: Has to go somewhere
Gas in infants is very common and usually benign.
I wouldn't worry as gas usually exits out one end or the other. If it becomes problematic some doctors may suggest mylicon/gasex.

In brief: Has to go somewhere
Dr. Glenn Skow
Dr. Glenn Skow
Dr. Shontae Buffington