Am I too old for kids? Im 36 and really sad.

Dr. Padmavati Garvey

In brief: Not too old

Many women have children after age 36.
Make sure you are at your ideal body weight, exercise, eat right and you should do fine in pregnancy.

In brief: Not too old

Many women have children after age 36.
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Kimberly Erway

In brief: Of course not!

More and more women are having children even into their 40's.
It is important to recognize that your risk of down syndrome and some other birth defects is directly related to age, but other than this increased risk, age is really more about health status than anything else. Take your vitamins, eat your veggies, stay fit and exercise, and you will be just fine. And find a great ob/gyn!

In brief: Of course not!

Dr. Kimberly Erway
Dr. Kimberly Erway

In brief: Mom didn't think so

You are young compared to when my mom had her last pregnancy.
If your health is stable and you understand the commitment, there is no reason not to. Your risk of complications is about 1% more tan a women in her early 20's.

In brief: Mom didn't think so

Dr. Shontae Buffington