I didn't realize I had a bladder infection for some time, could this hurt my fetus?

Dr. Terence Chapman
Urology - Oncology

In brief: Not likely

If you didn't know you had a bladder infection then you didn't have a bladder infection.
In other words you had bacteria in the urine without symptoms. This condition poses a potential risk in pregnancy if it develops into a severe (febrile) infection (which by definition is bacteria in the urine causing symptoms). Pregnant women should have bacteriuria treated with or without symptoms.

In brief: Not likely

Dr. Terence Chapman
Dr. Terence Chapman
Dr. Padmavati Garvey

In brief: Unlikely

I assume you are getting treated now.
Untreated bladder infections can lead to kidney infections which can cause premature contractions. That is the reason for treating urinary tract infections so aggressively in pregnant women.

In brief: Unlikely

I assume you are getting treated now.
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Padmavati Garvey
Dr. Adam Levy