I just found a hard and painful lump to touch on the entrance to my anal passage any ideas what it could be?

Dr. Camil Sader
Surgery
In brief: Hemorrhoid
Commonly, this could just be a thrombosed hemorrhoid that can be treated with soaks and local ointments as it may resolve.
It may need to be lanced. Alternatively, an abscess (infection) may also present this way. Let's not assume this is benign and will pass (which is likely the case), therefore, if it persists or worsens, seek medical attention fast.

In brief: Hemorrhoid
Dr. Camil Sader
Dr. Camil Sader
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Surgery - Colorectal
In brief: Several
Hard tender lump could be a thrombosed external hemorrhoid or a perirectal abscess.
Less likely is a tumor. Better to be safe and have it checked by a colorectal surgeon.

In brief: Several
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Eric Kaplan
Dr. Andrea Brand