I just found a hard and painful lump to touch on the entrance to my anal passage any ideas what it could be?

Hemorrhoid . Commonly, this could just be a thrombosed hemorrhoid that can be treated with soaks and local ointments as it may resolve. It may need to be lanced. Alternatively, an abscess (infection) may also present this way. Let's not assume this is benign and will pass (which is likely the case), therefore, if it persists or worsens, seek medical attention fast.
Several. Hard tender lump could be a thrombosed external hemorrhoid or a perirectal abscess. Less likely is a tumor. Better to be safe and have it checked by a colorectal surgeon.