What is the best way to deal with an eating disorder?

Mutimodal. Eating disorders can be serious, it requires good close medical evaluation, nutrition consultation and psychological and sometimes psychiatric intervention. To learn more see: http://cpancf.Com/eatingdisorders.Asp.
Not by yourself. The best way to deal with an eating disorder is to create a treatment team: primary care doctor to look after your overall health; psychiatrist and therapists skilled in treating people with eating disorders; nutritionist, etc. There are both inpatient and outpatient programs; sometimes you need both in succession. It also helps to have support for your efforts at home. Work with your team!