Can psychiatric drugs make you , ore susceptible to getting black spots on face. Felt got more spots after taking various drugs. Effectsgoawaydisontinu?

Dr. Donald Jacobson

In brief: Not that I can find

I have looked but have not been able to find any evidence of that occurring.
If you could narrow it down to the drug involved it would certainly be more helpful. Best wishes.

In brief: Not that I can find

Dr. Donald Jacobson
Dr. Donald Jacobson
3 comments
Dr. Pamela Pappas
I wonder if this person has been on phenothiazine antipsychotics that induced skin sensitivity? Here's an image: http://tinyurl.com/k53vlu6
Dr. Donald Jacobson
I have had several patients with this overtime and I'm currently treating one who is almost ashen grey. This is from years of Thorazine use that was necessary to control violent outbursts in autism. It doesn't leave dark spots per se, rather the entire body is hyperpigmented by the exposure over a long period of time by drugs like Thorazine.

Some psychiatric medications, especially the older type of anti psychotic medications can cause skin discoloration in areas of body exposed to the sun.
Wearing sunscreen and limiting exposure to sun can help prevent this.

Dr. Bernadette Onuoha
Dr. Bernadette Onuoha