I have a sharp pain in the lower right quadrant ofmy back. I was assuming that it was muscle but has not improved after 36 hours. Could it be kidney?

Dr. Elie El-Charabaty
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis
In brief: Could be
It could be related to a kidney problem if it is associated with urinary symptoms( bloody urine or burning upon urinating) .
If any of these above symptoms are present and you still have pain you should seek medical advice and do a urine analysis.

In brief: Could be
Dr. Elie El-Charabaty
Dr. Elie El-Charabaty
Dr. Arthur Heller
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
In brief: Maybe, somethingelse
Could be muscle, could be stone in ureter (tube from kidney to bladder), other. If abdominal component could be diverticulitis, appendicitis, inflammatory bowel disease, gyn issues.
See your doc.

In brief: Maybe, somethingelse
See your doc.
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Arthur Heller
Dr. Vikram Patel