I have cvid. My numbers were 870. How much higher should they be to make me feel better and be pneumonia free?

Dr. Paul Carter
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Complicated

870 sounds like it is your total IgG level and is pretty normal.
There are several other factors including your igg1 and igg2 levels, antibody titters for streptococcus pneumoniae and other specific antibody titters. If you are on ivig your trough level should be above 500.

In brief: Complicated

Dr. Paul Carter
Dr. Paul Carter
Dr. Paul Carter
Your Immunologist should follow your levels as Dr Mutnick has said. Your actual IgG level is difficult to tell by how you feel. It is what prevents infection, though.
Dr. Jack Mutnick

In brief: CVID

Not a fair question.
The immune specialist should follow your IgG levels (yes) but what is more important is that you have fewer infections, are not requiring antibiotics as frequently, less hospitalizations or er visits, no adverse reactions to infusions, and that the correct replacement igiv has been chosen which suits your immune deficiency best.

In brief: CVID

Not a fair question.
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Dr. Jack Mutnick
Also, be aware that women with CVID have a much higher risk of lymphoma development starting in the 5th decade of life!!!
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine