How do I take ear pain away from a 9 yr old girl?

In brief: Heat & comfort meds

I've had success over the years having a child place a heat source over that side of the head (pad at low or warmed compress).
The heat sensation seems to soften the focal pain & may permit sleep.Warm olive or baby oil drops also helps if there is no drainage or tubes. Ibuprofen or acetomenophen round out my home rx.

In brief: Heat & comfort meds

Dr. Michael Blum

In brief: Quickly

Ear pain can really hurt :-(.
I recommend tylenol (acetaminophen) or ibuprofen. If the ear is not draining foul smelling liquid, i run to the kitchen and grab some olive oil. Yep, the stuff we cook with. Placing several drops down the ear canal coats the eardrum until we can see the child in the office in the next 24-48 hours. This can be repeated. Chewing gum also helps the eustachian tube draining action.

In brief: Quickly

Ear pain can really hurt :-(.
Dr. Michael Blum
Dr. Michael Blum
Dr. Indu Lal
Warm olive oil with small piece of garlic 2 -3 x a day some time helps to resolve pain and early OM. At same time massaging PE tube releases pressure pain in the ear
Dr. Shontae Buffington