Can I prevent my child from getting sick in daycare?

Dr. Marcus Degraw
In brief: No
Sick children around other children = more sick children.
No sugar coating it really - having lots of kids around each other means that germs are spread like wild fire. Keeping healthy and eating well with plenty of rest helps to some extent, but getting illness causing germs in an young child will equal more illness. No real way around that.

In brief: No
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Dr. Marcus Degraw
Keeping your child healthy in general is the best defense.
Hopefully other parents keep their sick ones home when they need to and your child is not being exposed to illness. There is something to be said for general exposure however, because this allows for our immune systems to mature and grow. Our body is a fantastic machine that needs to learn to fight off infections on a daily basis.

Dr. Scott J. Wolfson
Dr. Scott J. Wolfson
Dr. Cindy Juster