Is it possible for my 3 month old to be teething? He's drooling a lot more and is constantly putting his hand in his mouth. Thank you.

Dr. Subir Mitra

Teething usually starts at 4 months but can start much earlier. The first tooth usually appears somewhere between 6-12 months.
Although sometimes you can see teeth erupt as early as 1 month.

Dr. Subir Mitra
Dr. Subir Mitra
Dr. Michael Blum

In brief: Salivary glands

Teething is usually a little later. Parents are always so excited at 3-4 months of age when that really fun drooling kicks into gear. Are the teeth getting ready to pop thru? Usually not.
I see the increase in the salivary glands, below the tongue, really getting more active and producing that watery drainage. This is a good sign that the process of producing more saliva is working. Enjoy :-).

In brief: Salivary glands

Dr. Michael Blum
Dr. Michael Blum
Dr. Scott Peters
Dentistry - Pediatric

Yes, teeth can start to come in as early as three months of age.

Dr. Scott Peters
Dr. Scott Peters
Dr. Johanna Fricke
Or her salivary glands 'are starting to work well. "Hands in mouth" is a developmental milestone. Next comes reaching for & attaining items.
Dr. Shontae Buffington