With no changes to my normal schedulees, what would cause sudden sleepiness in the middle of the day?

Dr. Djamchid Lotfi
Neurology

In brief: Depends

Day time drowsiness is most likely due to sleep apnea age? Weight? Gender? Duration? You may need a sleep study if persistent.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Djamchid Lotfi
Dr. Djamchid Lotfi
Dr. Kimberly Erway

In brief: Tough One...

Without knowing your age, gender, weight, bp, other medical conditions, this kind of question is a tough one to answer. There are a number of possibilities, but certainly a likely answer is that the quality of your nighttime sleep has changed.
If this is the case, and especially if you have risk factors, you should be checked for sleep apnea. I'd suggest making an appointment with your pcp.

In brief: Tough One...

Dr. Kimberly Erway
Dr. Kimberly Erway