Skipped beats, but today I had one that felt like someone kicked me in the chest. Went to the ER and nothing, had them for about 8 years.?

Dr. Kevin Lingle
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Likely nothing

Skipped beats are likely benign; however, can occasionally be a sing of something else.
If they continue and become bothersome or are associated with chest discomfort or lightheadedness, you should be seen by a doctor.

In brief: Likely nothing

Dr. Kevin Lingle
Dr. Kevin Lingle
Dr. Visalakshi Vallury

In brief: See cardiologist

If you are having peristant skipped beats which result in symptoms (dizziness, weakness, chest pain), it is best to see a cardiologist to get a holter or event moniter done, these tests allow us the pick up these random episodes because they monitor you ekg and symptoms form 24 hours to weeks.
During your prior er visits the symptoms and ekg changes had likely resolved by time you were evaluated.

In brief: See cardiologist

Dr. Visalakshi Vallury
Dr. Visalakshi Vallury
Dr. Umesh Patel