What if I take more han the prescribed amount of synthroud to control my weight. ?

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: Don't do it
I agree with dr. Hossain.
The risks of doing this is much greater than the small benefit (if any) you will get from overdosing the synthroid (thyroxine).

In brief: Don't do it
I agree with dr. Hossain.
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Shabbir Hossain
In brief: Bad idea
Your body exquisitely controls the amount of thyroid hormone present in your body to keep things balanced and stable.
We try to do the same with thyroid replacement when your body can no longer make it. Too much thyroid hormone can cause many problems such as heart problems, osteoporosis besides making you feel jittery, get diarrhea and many other things. Not a good idea.

In brief: Bad idea
Dr. Shabbir Hossain
Dr. Shabbir Hossain
Dr. Keegan Duchicela