How can I clean my ears that is not hearing well after water inside? My left ear hurts and my right ear is not hearing well about 4 months.

Dr. Timothy Ashley
Internal Medicine & Pediatrics
In brief: May be simple
If the problem is truly water in the outer canal, a simple 1:1 solution of white vinegar and rubbing alcohol into the canal can help to promote drying and prevent infection ("swimmers ear").
However, this duration makes wax plugging, middle ear fluid, or other causes more likely; you should have the ears checked out.

In brief: May be simple
Dr. Timothy Ashley
Dr. Timothy Ashley
Dr. Robert Knox
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery
In brief: Ear Plugged
Can't hear for 4 months -- need ear exam - don't put this off any longer. While ear wax may be the problem, there are many other possible causes.
Start with your primary care provider, and consider seeing an ear nose and throat doctor to have your hearing checked also.

In brief: Ear Plugged
Dr. Robert Knox
Dr. Robert Knox
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine