I am 15 weeks pregnant my friend is 6 days farther along then me and is way bigger than I am does this mean I am carring in my back?

Dr. Timothy Ashley
Internal Medicine & Pediatrics
In brief: No
Pregnancies, like the babies they produce, are all different.
Some women gain more weight than others, and women often carry the same weight differently. Abdominal muscle tone, prior pregnancies, weight before pregnancy, and many other factors play a role. If your OB thinks you and your baby are healthy, don't fret over comparing to others. Good luck!

In brief: No
Dr. Timothy Ashley
Dr. Timothy Ashley
Dr. Edward Neilsen
In brief: No...
Every baby develops differently and every woman shows differently.
..Even between pregnancies. For example, women with stronger abs will generally show less, and later. 2nd pregnancies usually show faster and more. As a general rule, the top of the uterus (the inside "bulge") will be around the belly button in most women about 20 weeks. Don't compare yourself, however, as everyone is different.

In brief: No...
Dr. Edward Neilsen
Dr. Edward Neilsen
Dr. Adam Levy