A baby has blotches of dry skin that is raised and does not get better with lotion kind like little bumps and slightly red. No fever and no itching?

Might be eczema. The baby's doctor can check to see if the rash is the common eczema. Eczema can be treated by increasing the moisture in the skin by using creams such as cerave or cetaphil. Hydrocortisone 1% cream is over-the-counter and can be used twice a day for 4-5 days. If the rash is better, the Hydrocortisone can then be used once a day for 2-4 days, and then stopped. Avoid soaps or over-washing the skin.
See a doctor. This could be eczema or a yeast infection on the skin. Either of these should e evaluated by a physician.