What is IV sedation?

There are 3 kinds. There are 3 levels of intravenous sedation: "conscious", "moderate", and "deep". With conscious sedation, a patient is awake and just has a little medication to relax and help with discomfort. With moderate sedation, the patient may doze off . Deep sedation is not much different from general anesthesia, and carries many of the same risks; the provider must be trained in anesthesiology.
Intravenous Sedation. Iv sedation stands for intravenous sedation. It is when a drug or group of drugs is administered directly into the bloodstream through an intravenous drip. In dentistry the most common drugs administered in this fashion are anti-axiety and pain blocking drugs.
Make you sleepy. Medication given through your IV to make you relax and forget why you are having the procedure. Sometimes called "twilight sleep" by patients.
Drugs in vein. Dr s is correct. But there is not a clear dividing line. Most conscious sedation is deeper. Sedation is like going to sleep. Sleepy-sleepier-asleep. Done with drugs usually into your vein. There are dozens of drugs with different side effects. Some can only be given by anesthesia people. I feel deep sedation is usually the most most dangerous and general anesthesia is safer and recovers faster.
IV Meds. Iv sedation is \medication administered through an IV that either relaxes a patient a great deal, or knocks them out completely. Because of the risk of supressing the breathing reflex, IV sedation usually is only done with a specific doctor watching the patient...In addition to the doctor performing the procedure for which the sedation is required.