I suggested to my doctor that I had enometriosis and she gave me birth control saying it would help but i'm still having burning ovary pain off and on?

Dr. Edward Neilsen
In brief: Birth Control
Birth control pills can help supress your body's hormones, which can help with endometriosis.
However, this would not necessarily control ovarian problem, such as a cyst. Usually these can be seen with an ultrasound. Also, keeping a diary of symptoms can be very helpful with determining patterns - this can help you doctor figure out if this is hormonal, or something else.

In brief: Birth Control
Dr. Edward Neilsen
Dr. Edward Neilsen
Dr. Michio Abe
In brief: Go back to your doc
The best thing to do is to go back to your doctor, and discuss your situation further. Birth control pills are often used to control menstrual pain associated with endometriosis, but if it's not helping, you need to find out the cause of your "burning ovary pain.
" i would think of further workup such as pelvic ultrasound and a referral to a gynecologist (unless your doctor is one).

In brief: Go back to your doc
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine