I am 22 and have been trying to get pregnant for 3 yrs now and haven't been able to should I be worried ?

Marianne DiNapoli

In brief: Can see a Dr.

80-90% of couples having regular intercourse (2 or more times per week) will conceive within one year. Any couple who has been trying for longer than that might consider seeing a fertility specialist to determine the cause.

In brief: Can see a Dr.

Marianne DiNapoli
Marianne DiNapoli
Answer assisted by Marianne Di Napoli, Medical Student
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Fertility Medicine

In brief: When to get help

I agree with the comments.
By 2 yrs infertility then <1% of normal couples would not be pregnant. After 3 yrs, there really must be a problem and evaluation and treatment is indicated regardless of your age. Well over 50% of couples will succeed with modern treatments. See a fertility specialist and good luck.

In brief: When to get help

I agree with the comments.
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Fertility Medicine

In brief: Infertile 3yrs

Less than 1% of normal couples would not be pregnant by 2 yrs trying, so your 3yrs is significantly abnormal.
You almost certainly have a problem if you ovulate and had well-timed sex. Fortunately, you are young and we have tests and treatments that allow most of our pts to succeed and get a baby. You should see a fertility specialist to be efficient and don't be put off because of your age.

In brief: Infertile 3yrs

Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Glenn Skow

In brief: No

No need to worry.
There are many reasons why couples cannot get pregnant. We usually recommend an evaluation after a year of being unsuccessful. Since its been 3, i would recommend seeing your doctor who can properly evaluate you and your partner. They may do an initial investigation on their own, refer you to a specialist or both. In either case, best of luck to you!

In brief: No

No need to worry.
Dr. Glenn Skow
Dr. Glenn Skow
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham