Where is my appendix?

Right Lower Quad. Your appendix is in the right lower quadrant of your abdomen. Holly:tell the patient what you have been taught- put thumb on asis (that bone that sticks out at the bottom of the lower right side of your belly) and your 5th finger (pinky) on the edge of the pubic bone (near where the hair ends) extend index finger and find where appendix usually is.
Right lower abdomen. Think of your appendix as a "finger shaped" appendage that hangs off the beginning of your large intestines in the vicinity of your right lower abdomen. One needs to be careful, though in that even though it is located in the right lower abdomen, an acute appendicitis can present with left sided abdominal pain.