Can lupus cause malabsorption when not treated? I jut got a message from my doc saying "strongly specific to lupus" could this be the answer to it all the p.O.T.S and weight loss/malabsorption

In brief: .

Forms of autoimmune disorders including lupus might cause poor weight gain, malabsorption and other symptoms.
You will need to be further work up by gastroenterologist.

In brief: .

Dr. Sathish Adigopula
Dr. Sathish Adigopula
Dr. Martin Raff
Internal Medicine - Infectious Disease

In brief: Go back to doctor

You need to sit down and have a face to face chat with your doctor who will be happy to explain to you in detail whether or not you actually have sle and whether or not it is directly responsible for your malabsorption syndrome, which is quite possible.
Without seeing you cannot diagnose this.

In brief: Go back to doctor

Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Martin Raff
Dr. Cindy Juster