I have a pain in my wrist that suddenly moved to my hand. No real impact but it's very tender and moving which is concerning... Any ideas?

Dr. F. Thomas Kaplan
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Maybe tendonitis

What side of the wrist has the pain? Often times patients develop a tendonitis which causes a sharp pain with wrist motion.
If it is on the thumb side of the wrist this could be dequervains tendonitis. First line treatment would be using a splint, avoiding provocative activities, and anti-inflammatories (if you can tolerate them).

In brief: Maybe tendonitis

Dr. F. Thomas Kaplan
Dr. F. Thomas Kaplan
Dr. Michael Raemisch
A cortisone shot could really help you a lot! Get your hand looked at by a Hand Specialist. I think you'll find a lot of value in it.
Dr. Michael Raemisch
Surgery - Hand Surgery

In brief: Hard to say

Hard to guess at this one with small amount of info.
If your pain is severe and concerning to you -- and it seems that it is -- it is best that you do get it looked at.

In brief: Hard to say

Dr. Michael Raemisch
Dr. Michael Raemisch
Dr. John Goldman
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Clarify description

Need to know i f you have swelling, does it hurt to make a fist or grab.
Where is it in the hand. Where was it in the wrist. Can this be carpal tunnel syndrome? You need to tell your doctor these answers to have him or her help clarify your problem.

In brief: Clarify description

Dr. John Goldman
Dr. John Goldman
Dr. Stratos Christianakis
wrist pain can be from cartilage, tendons, bones or a combination of each that may need different types of treatment. A thorough description and physical exam is important
Dr. William Forsythe