Can you overdose on marijuana?

Dr. Jeffrey Junig

In brief: Not fatally

I have never seen a report of an overdose of marijuana causing death directly-- although many fatal car accidents are caused by marijuana.
'overdose'-- taking in a higher amount than planned-- can have other effects, like paranoia, sleepiness, impaired judgment.. But the effects go away when the thc wears off-- as long as nothing permanent happens from being impaired i.e. Fights or accidents.

In brief: Not fatally

Dr. Jeffrey Junig
Dr. Jeffrey Junig
Dr. K. Olson

In brief: YES

Too much of anything can be potentially toxic.
It depends on the concentration of the drug, susceptibility of the individual, and other contemporaneous medications, herbs, or drugs.

In brief: YES

Dr. K. Olson
Dr. K. Olson

Overuse of marijuana, acute or chronic, can lead to a loss of contact with the reality the rest of us live in (psychosis) or can lead to a marked loss of motivation to do what needs to be done.

Dr. William Drescher
Dr. William Drescher