I came down with fever last nite do 2 our crazy weather hot in daytime frezzing at nite. What can I do to reduce my fever?

Dr. Timothy Ashley
Internal Medicine & Pediatrics

In brief: Meds, checkup?

Otc fever reducers (acetaminophen, ibuprofen) are the same that we use to reduce fevers in the hospital, and you should try them. Very high, persistent fevers or those uncontrolled with these medications deserve evaluation- people with such fevers sometimes have significant infections.

In brief: Meds, checkup?

Dr. Timothy Ashley
Dr. Timothy Ashley
Tejas Ozarkar
General Practice

In brief: Fever

Fever is our body's way of telling us there is something wrong - fevers themselves are rarely the problem. With that said, with fever of >100.
4 f, it's a good idea to take a temperature reducing medication. If you don't have liver problems, tylenol (acetaminophen) is probably most effective pill at decreasing fevers. Advil and Aleve are also good choices. If your fever lasts for a few days, consult your doctor.

In brief: Fever

Tejas Ozarkar
Tejas Ozarkar
Answer assisted by Tejas Ozarkar, Medical Student
Dr. Vicken Poochikian