We have been trying to get pregnant for 9 months now and still nothing but my partner takes steriods will this make the process longer ?

Dr. Michael Opsahl
Fertility Medicine
In brief: Steroids & Fertilty
Steroids can definitely affect a man's fertility.
I assume that your partner is a male. If the steroids are anabolic then he can reduce his sperm count to 0. I have several patients with this condition. The sperm cycle is 72d so it can take 3 mo or more to recover. Get a sperm analysis now and then counseling. He needs to stop for many reasons. Good luck.

In brief: Steroids & Fertilty
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Michael Opsahl
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Steroids (illegal kind) will reduce sperm count.
Medical steroids (for many illnesses) can also affect reproductive potential but to a lesser extent.

Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Ankush Bansal
Dr. Adam Levy