Have a pain around my kidneys.  i thought it might be a stone but now it's gone.  did I pass it without knowing?

Dr. Michael Yu
Urology

In brief: Maybe...

Renal colic, or kidney pain, usually only occurs if the flow of urine is being obstructed, so you could still have a stone in the urinary tract that is passing but have no pain because there is no obstruction at the moment.
X-ray or ct can show most stones, so talk to your doctor about testing if worried.

In brief: Maybe...

Dr. Michael Yu
Dr. Michael Yu
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Stones vrs Back Pain

Most flank pain is associated to back pain.
If you had evidence of stones before it is possible you passed one small one. You may check your urine for garble or sandy material or for microscopic blood (red blood cells ). If you are > 50 years old low back pain causes are more common.

In brief: Stones vrs Back Pain

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Keegan Duchicela