Signs of an ear infection?

Ear Infection Signs. Ear infection symptoms include pain, hearing loss, and fever. Usually, these symptoms follow an upper respiratory infection, especially the common cold, in young children. Adults experience ear infections infrequently, but often may have ear pain.
Ear pain, redness. While ear infections can have many signs and symptoms, a few suggest the need to be examined by a health professional. Ear infections can be on the outside including the ear and canal, and some in the middle ear. Drainage of pus or blood is a clear sign of a problem. Pain, swelling and redness are also concerning. If you feel sick, or have a fever it suggests a possible systemic infection.