I work at night for 6 years.I make workout and bike before going to work at night.When I do that I usualy feel mutch tired.Is there something I can do?

Dr. Michio Abe

In brief: Shift work sleep d/o

You may have shift work sleep disorder, which is a problem due to disturbance in circadian rhythm.
This may be affecting the quality of sleep during the day. Try otc melatonin at bedtime (in am) and try some exposure to bright light during the night while awake. If possible, see your doctor for evaluation and treatment, possibly with rozerem (ramelteon) at bedtime, Provigil or Nuvigil upon waking up etc.

In brief: Shift work sleep d/o

Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Michio Abe
Dr. Leonard Lado

In brief: Feeling tired

We physician often overlook at the simplest things to give an answer. The most common question is are you pushing yourself too hard to stressfull exaustion? Do you suffer from sleep apnea?Is working the night shift causing a phase shift sleep disorder?Is your endocrine system able to handle your physical demands such as thyroid, testosterone and if your a woman estrogen-progesterone problems?

In brief: Feeling tired

Dr. Leonard Lado
Dr. Leonard Lado
Dr. Peter Kurzweil