What is your oppinion about taking food supplements while exercising, in order to get a bigger mass of muscles?I reffer to pills or something

Dr. Bruce Prager
Sports Medicine

In brief: Don't

It just does not make any sense to be taking pills while you are working out.
There is no upside that i can think of. From a clinical point there is nothing to gain. I see quite a few young patients taking creatine before they work out as it is supposed to allow a more intense workout. I would recoommend a protein drink post workout. Think 2 grams protein per pound/day to build muscle mass.

In brief: Don't

Dr. Bruce Prager
Dr. Bruce Prager
Dr. Ty Endean
I would also add that by taking pills prior to a workout will also cause more acid activity in your stomach which can be quite uncomfortable when trying to focus on lifting weights.
Dr. Tanya Russo

In brief: Caution

Nutritional supplements for muscle development can be dangerous if the kidneys are overloaded with too much protein.
Most people can achieve adequate results by dietary modification, without the extra expense and risk.

In brief: Caution

Dr. Tanya Russo
Dr. Tanya Russo
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine