I think I have depression and adhd, but i feel like if i go in and say that, any doctor will just think i'm conning for drugs. What do I do?

Dr. Leslie Howell

In brief: Get evaluated

You need to get evaluated by a psychiatrist and just be honest.
Let them know that you think you may have those illnesses. They will do the rest. I have no problem when people see me and think they have a particular diagnosis. Sometimes they are right. Once you are properly diagnosed then you can discuss treatment options, including non-medicinal treatments.

In brief: Get evaluated

Dr. Leslie Howell
Dr. Leslie Howell
Dr. Steven Reidbord

In brief: Give it a try

If you present your concerns to the doctor (i'd suggest a psychiatrist) as you do here — a bit concerned about looking like a drug-seeker — it should be clear that you aren't.
Bear in mind that poor concentration is often a symptom of depression, so depression treatment may help your "adhd" too, without needing adhd meds. (or it could be a separate problem, only a careful eval can say.).

In brief: Give it a try

Dr. Steven Reidbord
Dr. Steven Reidbord