I am under weight and I hate it. Are there any pills to slowmy metabolism? What can I do to put on weight?

Dr. Jennie Law
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: Rule out bad causes
I agree with dr norman.
Must first rule out other potentially dangerous reasons why you are underweight, as solving the problem depends on knowing exactly what is causing it.

In brief: Rule out bad causes
I agree with dr norman.
Dr. Jennie Law
Dr. Jennie Law
Holly Barth
General Practice
In brief: Diet and Muscle Mass
To gain weight you have to consume more calories than you are burning.
Do this in a healthy way though. Don't choose junk or fast food. Keep a well balanced diet and make sure you are getting all the nutrients you need. Don't cut out exercise as it is very good for you. Weight lifting and other muscle building exercises can help you increase your body mass.

In brief: Diet and Muscle Mass
Holly Barth
Holly Barth
Answer assisted by Holly Barth, Medical Student
Dr. Sa Nn
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
In brief: Etiology
First of all you have to check with your doctor why you're losing weight.
Basic blood tests and screening ( according to your age group). Then, if tests are ok, you can make a nutrition plan with a dietician.

In brief: Etiology
Dr. Sa Nn
Dr. Sa Nn
Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON
In brief: Underweight
I think you should have an evaluation to make sure you do not have any medical condition causing this problem. If not then, you may need to see a good nutritionist.

In brief: Underweight
Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON
Dr. JUDY WASHINGTON
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine